Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

1.2

Update by user Jan 30, 2021

I have uploaded proof of purchase and proof of the order being placed, using the emails from Postmates, screenshots of my bank account activity, screenshots of my Postmates transactions from their app. I can provide all of the emails I have sent trying to resolve this, but there isn't any way I can provide proof they have not replied. My emails do reference that I am seeking a refund for the Wendy's purchase and would like a response.

Original review posted by user Jan 28, 2021

On January 1 I ordered breakfast from Wendy's around 7:30 am. About 45 minutes later, our Postmate was still in the same location on the map but our order was to be delivered in one minute according to their estimate.

I contacted him through the app and asked if everything was ok since he hadn't moved and was at least 10 minutes away. He said the restaurant was closed and he had been trying to reach someone at Postmates to find out what to do. I told him I would cancel the order. I cancelled the order and immediately put in a help request stating the restaurant was closed so please process my refund.

I placed another order from Postmates from a restaurant that was open and it took about 2 hours plus having to pay for breakfast two times.

I saw my help ticket status as "in review" so I thought it would be fine. I had ordered from Taco Bell before and they were closed and a refund was issued within two days. Well, I received an automated response email stating how when you cancel your order after the restaurant accepts it you cannot get a refund, etc. If this did not apply to my situation, reply to the email.

I replied to the email and explained the situation again. My help ticket status was "resolved" when the automated email was sent. Apparently nobody reviewed my situation at all and simply sent off the auto reply and closed the ticket. Nobody is reviewing or responding to the 5 emails or app review I have left since then, including a request to rate the support I received.

It was about $30 that the first breakfast cost me and that may not mean much, but the inability to reach anyone at postmates paired with them ignoring me completely - it has been an entire month now - makes the horrible service on January 1 seem like nothing. I've never experienced a company trying as hard as Postmates does to prevent customers from contacting them. I can't open another ticket on that order or reopen my ticket, I can only send replies to an email which apparently goes to nobody or nobody who gives a damn. I have cancelled my membership with Postmates, I paid for the membership because we used them about twice a week.

I had probably 5 instances where I was charged or a hold was placed on my card but the order was messed up so I had to incur additional expenses and the charge was still there, instead being given credit with Postmates. This wasn't ideal, but since I was going to keep using them I accepted. After this instance, it is clear to me the consumers are simply floating them money without the benefit of the goods. There is no excuse for not responding to any of the ways I have emailed them and shame on them for not having any other way to contact when this one fails.

I don't even care for a response now other than refunding the money I paid for a closed restaurant to not make my food that I ordered and then to go through all of this plus it took two hours to get my food. Oh, and had I not contacted my Postmate to see what was up we would have not received our food and nobody would have told us why - nobody from Postmates was going to tell us the restaurant was closed.

** I verified Wendy's was closed. All of them were closed on January 1 until 10 am due to the holiday.

Our order was placed at roughly 7:30 am. Whatever the process is to communicate they were not taking orders was not completed because ours went through like it usually would.

User's recommendation: If you like to be ghosted and pay twice for breakfast, Postmates is for you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Postmates Delivery Service.

Postmates Pros: There are other options besides them.

Postmates Cons: Unresponsive to customer help requests, Customer service phone is automated reply and hangs up on you, Improper handling of special holiday hours kept by restaurants, Does not communicate order issues at all, Does not respond to postmates trying to complete orders.

Comments